It is amazing how fast time goes by. Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks that I’ve been in Trondheim! And those 4 weeks have been incredibly busy. Who knew that moving to a new country, starting a new job, and getting settled would require so much effort!?!?
In the past 4 weeks I’ve…
- moved in to my very own apartment — I haven’t lived alone in over 6 years and I am completely relishing that this place is all mine!
- gotten my residency permit, ID number and tax card.
- opened a bank account – although I am anxiously awaiting that first paycheck!
- bought a couch – I’m still waiting for that too (I was told it would be in last Friday but when I called today, they told me next week – boo!)
- went on a cabin trip (a post with pictures is coming soon).
- gave my first lecture.
- shopped at IKEA, twice.
- survived my first –10C (10F) run.
- started Norwegian classes.
- celebrated my birthday.
- went cross-country skiing.
got lostexplored my new neighborhood.
And that is just the interesting stuff…
Looking out from a viewpoint near my apartment.
There have obviously been challenges as I adjust and adapt to life in Norway, but so far so good. In some ways, it already seems like home, and I can only believe it will get better as I continue to settle into my apartment and job, as the days become longer and the snow more plentiful (please Mother Nature, please!), and as I spent more time developing friendships.
More stories of life in Norway to come soon, I promise – but I think it is a good sign to have to say I’ve been too busy living life to write about it!